Just wanted to remind everyone that if you’re planning on submitting a story to my final widower relationship book, I need it no later than Thursday, November 1. I've re-posted what I’m looking for below. Email me with any questions. Thanks!
I’m in the midst of writing my final widower relationship guide. Tentatively titled Life with a Widower, the book will focus on the most common problems and issues not covered in my first two books. I’m hoping to have the book available before the end of the year.
And this is where I need your help.
My other two relationship books, Dating a Widower and Marrying a Widower have included wonderful stories from women who were dating or married to a widower. These stories have added insight to the chapter and helped countless others who are in a relationship with a widower. For this book I need stories from those who are or have been in a relationship with a widower. It doesn't matter if you just dated a widower once or have been happily married to one for 30 years, if you have a story to share, send it in.
I’m looking for stories that can address the following situations:
- How did the late wife’s Facebook page or other online memorials affect your relationship?
- What happened when you gave your widower a second chance at the relationship?
- How did get the strength and courage to end the relationship with a widower even though you were still in love with him?
- If the widower told you about his sex life with the late wife, how did this impact your relationship?
- How did memorial tattoos interfere with or enhance your relationship?
- What are some ways you learned to better communicate with a widower?
- How did you forgive a widower that dumped you, used you, or otherwise hurt you?
- What did you widower do when friends and family kept trying to memorialize the late wife?
- How did a long distance relationship with a widower work out?
- Does your widower participate in annual events (like 5k runs) for the late wife or work in behalf of charities, foundations, or scholarships for the late wife? If yes, has that hindered or helped your relationship?
I’m looking for success stories as well as ones where things didn’t work out. Basically if you have a story that you think can help other girlfriends of widowers and wives of widowers with their current relationship I want to hear from you!
Please keep submissions between 250-750 words. You can submit more than one story but please send them in different emails. (This way I can organize them for quick reference.) Stories are due no later than Thursday, November 1, 2012. You can submit them by sending an email to email@example.com.
If your story is selected, you’ll receive a free copy of the new book as soon as it’s published. To protect your privacy, you can publish your story under a pen name if you wish.
Thanks for your help,