Thereâ€™s wireless Internet accessÂ in the hospital. Cool! Quick thoughts on the fall finale of LOST:
*** Spoiler Warning ***
- Unlike some, I found the final episode to be rather suspenseful. The suspense wasnâ€™t meant to be from whether Ben dies or not (no one cares about him â€“ yet) but how much The Others value his life. Remember that Juliet told him in that video taped message that some people were ready for a change. Jack assumes that The Others still want Ben as their leader. We really donâ€™t know if they do. They may call Jack bluff and let Ben die. Then Jackâ€™s no better off than he was before.
- Really enjoyed Kateâ€™s flashback. Ties up that one loose end from the first season where Kate and Sawyer (I think it was him â€“ maybe it was Jack) were having a drinking contest in the jungle and she mentioned that she had been married but that â€œit didnâ€™t last long.â€
- Donâ€™t be surprised if Sawyer is shot (but not necessarily killed). If that guard wants to avenge his wifeâ€™s death, I wouldnâ€™t put it past him. Like I pointed out last week, the cast is deep enough and thereâ€™s enough going on that one character doesnâ€™t carry the show. I wouldnâ€™t surprise me if Sawyer is killed.
- Another illustration great interrogation technique: Jack wasnâ€™t let out of his cell on accident. Ben wanted Jack to see Sawyer and Kate together. (Ben got what he wanted from it, didnâ€™t he?)
- My prediction on what will happen when the series resumes in February: Ben and Sawyer will both survive but while Ben recovers from surgery there will be a little coup as to who becomes the leader of The Others. I see some of The Others wanting out of whatever group theyâ€™re part of and helping Jack, Kate, and Sawyer escape. Weâ€™ll get an answer to that big black monster thing via Locke and Desmond and more of an idea of who The Others really are and what theyâ€™re really doing on the island.
And for those who complain about having to wait until February to see a new episode and canâ€™t find anything better to do with their time on Wednesday nights, watch some past episodes from season two and pay special attention to the conversations with Ben while was a prisoner. There are some subtle clues thatÂ give some insight into what isÂ really goingÂ now that were a third of the way through season three.