Â Iâ€™ve admitted that I have a hard time throwing books away. However, I donâ€™t have a hard time giving books away. In fact I like it when books find a good home.
I bring this up because Iâ€™m going through a bookshelf purge. This happens a couple times a year when my bookshelves become so full of new books that I have to find a home for some of the ones I havenâ€™t read in awhile, have two or more copies of, and/or no longer have an interest in having them on my shelves.
Instead of donating these books to a local thrift store, I thought Iâ€™d see if any of you are interested in them. I thought Iâ€™d start with three books and see how they were received. If the program proves to be popular I may add a couple more books next week.
The three books Iâ€™m giving away are the following:
- Skinny Dip (Hardcover) by Carl Hiaasen. This was the first book I read by Hiassen and I must admit it was a quick, fun read. Looking forward to reading more of his work.
- Astronauts & Other Stories (Hardcover) by Matthew Iribarne. This book is a collection of short stories. I actually blogged about one of the stories in this book many years ago. I had a love-hate relationship with his work. I either really liked his stories or really hated them.
- Sheâ€™s Come Undone (paperback) by Wally Lamb. I had a hard time with this book. Too depressing for my tastes. Good story though, once I made my way through it.
Update:Â Skinny Dip and She’s Come Undone have been spoken for.
If you would like one of the above books, please read the following rules:
- You have to send me an e-mail stating which book you would like. Donâ€™t email any shipping info. Iâ€™ll email you back and let you know if youâ€™ll be received the book. At that point you can send me a mailing address.
- You can only request one book. No fair asking for all three. However, if you first choice is already taken, you can e-mail me again and request another.
- Books are sent out on a first come, first serve basis. So if youâ€™re the first one to e-mail me about one of the above books, youâ€™ll get it.
- Iâ€™ll mail the books anywhere in the world. However, if you live outside of the United States or Canada I might have to slow boat the books to your country if shipping them first class is too expensive. Youâ€™ll still get the book, it just might take awhile for it to arrive.
- I reserve the right to add more rules at any time and without notice.
If youâ€™re still reading and want one of the above books, what are you waiting for? Send me an email!
7 comments June 12th, 2007